Ian Ming Choo is an Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice of Cavenagh Law LLP.
Ian has experience in various contentious litigation and arbitration matters, as well as regulatory investigations and enforcements. His practice includes corporate and trust litigation, data privacy matters, and cross-jurisdictional insolvency disputes.
- Acting for a major supply chain and logistics company in the Singapore Court of Appeal in relation to a compulsory acquisition of land by the Singapore government
- Advising minority shareholders in proceedings before the Singapore Court of Appeal on complex issues relating to minority oppression and the jurisdiction arising from consent orders
- Advising a leading global cruise line in relation to regulatory investigations into data breach incidents arising from a large-scale cyber-hack and ransom of data belonging to several thousand customers on the AWS cloud platform
- Advising a global manufacturing company on the regulatory approvals and implications arising from the import and distribution of one of its novel products
News and client work
Career and qualifications
- National University of Singapore (LL.B) 2018
- New York University School of Law (LL.M) 2018
- Practice Trainee, Cavenagh Law 2019
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor in Singapore 2019
- Associate, Clifford Chance 2019 - 2022
- Rejoined Cavenagh Law 2022
- Member, Law Society of Singapore